Monday, October 9

First say you'll still respect me

To celebrate 10 years of life in Our Lovely Deseret/idaho, I wanted to do something . . . just, spehchal. But first, let me tell you what happened in Lava--say it like this: Lah Vah--just down the road this summer:

One of my beloved sisters-in-law and her family came out from Boston to see the West, visit the big parks to the north, and meet the new cousin. One of the fun things we planned to do here was tube the Portneuf. It's chock full 'o hot springs up Lah Vah way. Even I was enticed into my stretched, pilled, faded, unelastisized old black beauty of a bathing suit. It was 25 bucks on sale, and I know I'd had it for at least 6 years, because I distinctly remember wearing it in San Diego at Trev's house that night I had to climb in my sisters' in laws' bathroom window at night to get back in. All unbeknownst, and me so awkward to tell them. That was the night I felt like a siren, but was glad it covered so much of me. So anyway,

the boys had had one run down the river. They put in at the top of town, wagged their whitewater way through the warmish water under the main street bridge, floated and spun to the pullout, grabbed the ground, hauled out and walked mainstreet all the way back to we waiting mommies. Woohoo! My turn. I selfconciously step out of my clothes (hello! Baby four months ago. Hello! regardless!!), and turn to put my life vest on, but hear my dear eleven-year-old nephew grab Andy's arm and noisily whisper in his ear. Hey buddy, I saw you look at my bum! What are you two whispering about? NOT Polite!

Discussion was: Aunt Joh's bathing suit is worn through in the rear. What's held within is clearly visible.

Options were: pass on the Portneuf (and all the 11-year-old implications of that) or ride with pride! (and all the 11-year-old implications of that).

So yeah, I rode with prode, and when it came time to walk all the way back through town, oh so casually hung my life vest by my elbows, oh so casually. My nephew walked behind me, feeling victorious at his discovery, snickering. I tried to ignore it, because if I told him to quit it, I'd have to explain it to Adam, my brother-in-law. I love Adam, but frankly, didn't want to discuss the sheer rear with him.

I really am going somewhere with this, I promise. Besides immolating embarrassment. Just to show you I'm not all about diversions, look at this. (See photo above) She is something I concentrate on a lot. Right now I'm trying to figure out which side of the family her antennae came from.



But step back. And look closer.

(See other photo above.)

THIS is what I'm talking about! See those hip long shirts in fresh colours inspired by the seasons? That would be the Second Skin Capsleeve under the Long Fit Cami, under the really looooong totally awesome zip front hoodie.

I'm celebrating my ten year anniversary with a cultural rite of passage: by having a tupperware party! Except I'm not selling Tupperware! I'm selling Modbe clothing, including the first comprehensive line of fashion-forward modest swimwear! YOU'RE INVITED!!!

This is my golden message: The bathing suits are all super cute tankinis and they're
only 35 dollars!!! I've already invested. Black boy short bottoms (Not see-through. Sturdy. Two layers.) and the mango diagonal stripe ruched long top. Seriously.

If you don't live in town with me, you can still be part of the fun, 'cause this is such a nontraditional boutique. You
just check out online what you like, then email me and I'll add it to the order. My Modbe Fashion Consultant will call you if you have questions. She is so confident in the product and her knowledge of it, she can size you over the phone. Seriously. I believe her, too. She sized me up, and look. I'm having a party!!!

My email address: moonsmith at gmail dot com.

Party details: My house to try stuff on and eat the fabulous treats I'm going to make,
Thursday, October 12, 7 to 9 pm. But the party rocks on in spirit till the 17th, 'cause you can place an order up till then.

Just let me know. And don't worry about writing this info down. I'll also be sending email invites to those of you I have email addresses for. (Girlzzz of my fam: that would b U.)

Ok, that's it for now. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks so much!!!!

3 comments:

Geo said...

Okay, now I understand the "invitatioin" thing from your email. Why didn't Feedblitz tell me you'd updated? I hate it when my subscription email doesn't show up.

But about your new swimsuit(s). What sort of short bottoms do black boys wear? Even though I'm from the South, I don't know. Is Modbe some sort of rascist tupperware entity? Tell me there are no KKK hoodies.

So I heart the hoodie and all shirts long and torso-friendly. I'm not as tall as you are, but my waist doesn't know it. It hurts me to think I will not be at the hoodie and friends party. Maybe you can still be my dealer though.

An addiction waiting to happen, that's what it looks like to me.

*****************

So what if your kid is a Teletubby? I still adore her. So what if you're a "Hello, Bummy"? I still adore you too.

And your nephew will always remember the special day with Aunt Joh. *sniff*

*****************

I do believe your writing style is changing a bit.

Geo said...

I really do know how to spell invitation.

See?

invitation
invitation
invitation
invitation

Becca said...

joh, i'm glad to know virtual orders can still be placed! i have to check out the site online and see if that swimsuit i like is still available in my size. how did the party go?